Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1 week later...

Despite the fact that I have been home for a week, I am neither relaxed nor have I been productive. In fact, I feel pretty verklempt. Facing the prospect of a 400+ mile drive on Sunday should clear the air a bit. In the meanwhile, I did this morning what I goof on my friends for doing: waking up 15 minutes early to scrape the cars off.
The Boy's school delayed opening until 1030 this morning. What do professionals who work the 9-5 do to deal with this sort of thing? I mean, having him underfoot for an extra 2 hours has been fun, a nice surprise, except for the fact that he stuffed a juice box into the garbage disposal already and broke the DVD player, apparently. Expensive morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rule of thumb - Each month at sea requires one week at home before normalization sets in. C/E told me this, I think it is about right. Knowing your back ground perhaps you can come up with a better non-linear model.

Paul, Dammit! said...

My own experience would skew the numbers. I'll have to use others and check this out. Could be interesting. For my part, normalization is relative. When I'm at home, I want to be on the water, and when I'm working, I want to be at home... abnormal.