Wednesday, September 29, 2010

back to work

After what was easily the most exhausting, emotionally wracking and truly devastating week of my 36 years to date, I have returned to work, ready maybe to lose myself in some honest labor. Don't really feel like talking about it.

I brought a chicken pot pie with me. Store bought. I don't know why I bother. Every chicken pot pie is the same. Take a big ass pan, fill it up with water and a little chicken broth, thicken it with flour, add 12 peas, 3 pea-sized carrot chunks and 3 ounces of chicken, then add dough to make the crust. Total material cost: $ 0.89. Sell for $9.99. Feeds 4 my left nut. I've brought up lung clams that weighed more than the chicken that was in my 9" diameter pie. Assbags. I would have been better off throwing it overboard and making a soup stock out of the lint under the fridge.

No comments: