Sunday, December 5, 2010

back again

After my week of bunkering ships in New York, I was ready for some time off. I got about 10 days, in which I managed to do my Christmas shopping, put out the occasional small fire at home, and see my best friend married off. It was a busy time, and I'm glad to be back to my regular slot in Philadelphia, although, to be honest, it's a hard thing to be running on short sleep for a few days, then go be the best man at a wedding, then change in the bathroom at the reception hall and drive 6 hours overnight to work. Needless to say there's a few empty energy drink cans drifting around the bed of my truck this morning. Maybe more than a few.

As always, I finished about half of what I wanted to accomplish, arrived at work beat all to hell, and am ready to work.