Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tug Life






Tomorrow morning I'll eventually make my way back to my truck, throw my seabag in the bed, and head off to fight traffic and make my way home. This is good.
Setting out to work a 5/1 week rotation was a lot like going to work on Monday with the sure knowledge that the weekend is going to be more of the same when I was a working stiff ashore. In a great plot twist, I ended up being the AB on a tugboat for a week, something I know little about. Knew little, I guess. I did OK, I suppose.
Being AB on a tugboat is mostly about cleaning, from what I can tell. I didn't make any voyages, being on a harbor boat, and I've undoubtedly gained a few pounds in such a few short days. Unbelievable food here. Honesty, for a foodie, this would be a dream job.
With only one week to spend at home before I'm due back at my regular position, I've got a bunch of crap to do, and not much time to do it, so I suppose I've really got to focus on having a good time with such time as I've got. I'm not going to make this a detailed post, as, honestly, I'm burnt out pretty bad.

No comments: