Friday, February 17, 2012

don't be crude

With the first crude oil cargo done, we're heading back to the load port for another batch of stinky, watery glop. 1 down, 15 to go. Bringing small parcels of crude into places designed to accept 1,000 foot ships is tricky. At the discharge port yesterday morning, when the dockman was passing us the discharge hose from his manifold, I had to stop him- the thing was the size of a water main, a far cry from the 6-inch hoses we usually run with. At any rate, we pumped off the barge in record time, and are heading back to PA to get another batch. I am taking a well-earned break to cook up some veal tacos with tomatillo salsa and refried beans. This will be my first foray into gently-spiced food since my gastric upset 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I won't spend the night riding the bus.

No comments: