Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I count it high time to get to sea

Back to work, and it's hard to believe that I was home for a full two weeks- I feel amazingly refreshed, as it's the first time I've been ashore for more than 7 days in a row since March. I'm back now, and at my desk again, paperwork shuffled and filed and ready for the next cargo evolution- a discharge during my next watch, which gives me time to get re-adjusted to ship time, my watch rotation (8 hours on/8 hours off), and the little tweaks and twists of having missed a couple of jobs and such while I was away.

 Speaking of away, I had a busy 2 weeks, full of ups and downs. Thanksgiving with the entirety of the B family, bought a new, larger truck and drove it, and my family, to Maine to visit friends and blow off some steam (read: eat/drink/be merry), saw some REALLY old friends from my childhood and hung out, and almost lost at bowling to my 9-year old boy. All in all, highly successful.

 And now, on to the next tour! 4 weeks, including Christmas and New Year's will be spent aboard, and I'll be coming home for another two weeks, activities TBD.


No comments: