Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome back!

So, about 20 minutes before I go on watch for the first time since returning to my regular post in NY harbor, a nice steady freezing rain starts coming down- how appropriate.

       I'm back at work- it feels like I've been gone forever, but in reality it's only been about 5 weeks. Even so, the otherworldly, not-quite-there-yet feeling had me tracing and retracing my steps in the first cargo load I took on soon after mooring the barge.

   Ever since I came home, I feel like I'm operating in a slight fog in most things. My former roommate Johnny Sparks, when we met up at the bar on Saturday, asked me if I was being fucked up on purpose or was just dazed. I claimed the latter.

 Dunno. I do know that I'm back on the scene, and regardless of the events of the past month, I'm ready to work again. As promised, I do have pictures to share from my time in the Caribbean, but that'll have to wait until I get my hard drive sorted out and such. For now, I'm just catching up on news and other things I didn't have time to check into while enjoying my brief 4-day stint at home.

 All is well, at any rate. New York sucks in the freezing rain, but I probably won't get diaper rash in January in the northeast, anyhow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can imagine that after the neth. antilles, our fair city/sixth boro is an awakening more miseable than rude!! looking forward to your pics.