Saturday, February 1, 2014

slow news day

I've been here half a week now, and I'm back in the rhythm, I guess. Looking back, we're working more and more, which is nice for my employer, but not so easy on the physical plant here at HAWSEPIPER's afloat global hq/center for enforced celibacy. My particular habits and preferences when it comes to preventative maintenance have been forced to change. The days of wiping down pump and generator engines, polishing chrome and walking around with little paint pot in hand to do spot work have certainly declined.
    So long as there's fresh oil in the pumps and generators, I get up, get on watch, eat something, get off watch, shower and go to bed. Rinse, dry, repeat. There's just not much time to do much else. Even writing this takes time I don't have. I'm able to do so because we're waiting on an assist tug to come and get us, and he's 15 minutes late.
 So it goes. My company is happy I'm sure, with all the business. I'm happy to be working. Sure I'd like maybe a couple of hours of free time every few days, but that's how it goes.

No comments: