Saturday, January 24, 2015

Preach, sistah.

Read. Enjoy. Think. Agree.

 ...and you're welcome, too.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/01/21/im-a-stay-at-home-working-mom-and-im-sick-of-being-insulted-by-the-president/




Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife is a stay-at-home-mother. Now, she regularly sends money to her mom in Brazil. When we were dating and first married, my wife worked about 60 hours a week.


    These days my wife is a stay-at-home mom. I got my patriarch on, and said that my kid needed his mom more than we needed the extra money. And my wife's brother wasn't exactly killing himself sending money to Brazil, so it was time to step up anyhow.
     This was a sea change for my wife, who had been working since she was 12.But it's absolutely borne fruit. My kid went from an A/B student to all A's, is a genuinely happy, nice kid, and is 11 going on 40, maturity-wise...and it's good for both of them, with me being away on the water 2/3 of the time.
 Am I bragging? Maybe a little.

 But damn, I do miss that extra money. Worth it, though. I'm grateful for having the skills, affinity and opportunity to do something I enjoy and be able to support a family pretty well on it as a sole breadwinner.

 Anyhow, read the damn article. It's thought-provoking.

EDIT: also, it's wicked shitty outside. There's about 4 inches of slush on deck, which I'm about to fix by loading half my tanks with 120-degree black oil. While black oil smells like satan's bung, it's warm and melts slush, which is a good thing.

No comments: