Wednesday, December 9, 2015

New member of the family

I picked up my newest piece just before I went back to work. It's a Benelli Nova.







This one is just a general field sporting gun. I wanted something that could handle up to 3 1/2" shells because reasons, but from the composite stock (the cheek piece is a heavier add-on to balance the gun), I think 3 1/2" heavy stuff is going to give a fairly rugged kick compared to a traditional wood stock. Still, I'm a big boy, and used to enjoy double-barreling double-ought shot at one point in my yoot. I tried this and the SuperNova, and this one was more comfortable. The SuperNova has a ribbed stock with gel pads, but both are lightweight, and the Supernova's bigger trigger guard, when it came time to shoot, left me worried about jerking the trigger in the heat of the moment if I were to shoot a moving target.


2 comments:

Tower Todd said...

Love the Benelli shotguns! Great choice.
TT

Tower Todd said...

Love the Benelli shotguns! Great choice.
TT