It's been a busy few days here at the HQ. I'll cue up some awesomeness at some point, but in the meanwhile, here's one of my favorite filler posts... a nice picture of Sofia Vergara eating a banana.
31 minutes ago
|I set it outside in the sun to bake all day after the paint set. The black shows off the dust I was kicking up.|
|The bowed front was made by joining the upper and lower frame up forward with 30 or so 1/4" sticks, then bondo'ing between them.|
While I was gluing and screwing the lower house, I also mocked up a cardboard jig to shape the after deck raised platform that will cover the rudder compartment, and another one up forward in the bow. These were slow to come together, as I wasn't working off the plans, which don't quite capture the shape of the boat proper. I made them with a cutout piece of basswood ply and again with the 1/4" sticks glued down. I also had to reshape the cap rail over the fantail, as it was out of true- the boats back in the day had a complex bend to the sheer, and they're very elegant looking, and I wanted to do it justice, so I spend another day or two making dust by building up the cap rails and sanding them down again.
Yes I am a big dork, thank you for noticing.